A stunning example of the Edwardian era jewelry! This ring features a very bright white old European cut diamond, estimated 0.40 carat J color, VS! clarity. This diamond looks large for its carat weight, elegantly bezel set in platinum. The center diamond is surrounded by a halo of green glass and emeralds. Colored glass and synthetic stones were extremely common during this time period, circa 1910. It was very difficult to not only import colored gemstones, but to also cut a set that matched in color. These synthetic stones were just as highly sought after as the real thing! This ring would make for a fabulous engagement or collectors ring. Due to its age and design nature we do recommend that you care for this ring as a fine piece of antique jewelry and do not wear it during strenuous activities. With proper precautions this ring can be worn to last another 100 years!
- 18 karat yellow gold and platinum
- Old European Cut Diamond center, approximately 0.40 carats, VS1, J
- Rose Cut Diamond accents, approximately 0.15 total carat weight, VS-SI, I-J
- Green Glass (determined via microscope)
- 0.58" length
- 3.57 grams
- Size 6.25
- Circa 1910. French hallmark on back of shank. "32566" stamped on inside of shank.
- Condition = Excellent.