The blue of the synthetic sapphires in this quintessential antique piece remind us of rays of moonlight radiating out from a stunning old euro center stone. Synthetic sapphires were often favored in antique rings as they were easier to source, match and cut during the time this ring was made circa 1930. A true indication of its authentic age! A ring for dreamers, it's sure to make you gaze up at the sky, and the halo will catch the light no matter the time of day. Gentle milgrain surrounds the rays and the halo of single cuts. The substantial 18 karat white gold band helps this ring feel weighty, though the basket is remarkably low to the finger.
- 18 karat white gold shank and ring guard, platinum diamond setting. Shank was a later addition, common with older rings.
- Old European Cut Diamond center, approximately 1.40 carats, SI1, J-K
- Synthetic Blue Sapphires, approximately 0.20 total carat weight
- Single Cut Diamonds, approximately 0.24 total carat weight, SI, I-K
- 0.60" length x 0.60" length 5.9mm width shank near setting/stones, tapers down to 2.7mm width under the finger 6.71 grams
- Ring Size 6, with the ring guard inside shank. Original ring size around size 12. We offer one complimentary resize and most rings can be resized. The size listed on the ring is the current size and any change from that is counted as the first complimentary resize. Each additional resize is $40 plus return shipping if needed. We can resize in quarter and half sizes. Please write the size you would like in the notes section during checkout.
- circa 1930, no hallmarks